Learning and Behaviour Support Assistant
Salary: Scale points 3-4 £18,065 - £18,426 (FTE) £8,136 - £8,299 (Actual)
Hours: 20 hours a week 8.30 a.m. – 12.30p.m.
Weeks per year: 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Closing Date: Friday 29th November 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing: Monday 2nd December 2019
Stimpson Avenue Academy is located in the centre of Northampton offering excellent learning and enrichment opportunities for pupils aged 3 to 11.
We currently have 423 children on roll, with 26 children in our nursery. The children engage fantastically in lessons and are proud of their school and their achievements. Our staff team is committed to their welfare and growth and provide a friendly welcome for new colleagues.
We have a vacancy for a Learning and Behaviour Support Assistant starting a.s.a.p. to work with children with Special Educational Needs. The successful candidate will be committed to our values and encourage our hard-working, polite children to achieve and behave at the very highest levels.
Supporting pupils in the Learning Environment
- Supervise and support a child in the learning environment with special needs, to enable them to be the best that they can be in all aspects of school life.
- Value every child as an individual who needs to feel safe, happy and secure in order to learn
- Assist children within the class (and sometimes outside the main classroom), individually or in small groups to support their learning activities, to meet their needs and the requirements of the curriculum
- Monitor, feedback, record and report on pupil progress, including feedback to children and class teacher.
- General administrative tasks including photocopying.
- Support teaching staff and children on visits, trips and walks in the local area as required.
- Help the classroom teacher prepare equipment and materials for lessons and maintain the classroom environment and resources, including displays
- Undertake playground supervision duties
- Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with pupils, parents, carers and colleagues to maximise pupils’ development and maintain the overall ethos of the school
Providing personal and welfare care
- Where necessary, assist children with personal hygiene issues
- Attend to basic first aid
Please download the recruitment pack and complete the application. This can be returned, together with an accompanying letter explaining why you’re applying for this post and how your experience, training and personal qualities match the requirements of the role, to Stimpson Avenue Academy, Stimpson Avenue, Northampton NN1 4LR.
|Behaviour and Learning Support Assistant Pack 2019||20th Nov 2019||Download|