Welcome to Stimpson Avenue Academy
Stimpson Avenue is a unique school on a phenomenal journey having experienced rapid changes over the last two years.
A unique school
With 72% EAL and facing many challenges in this inner-town, high mobility community, we are delighted to say that we provide outstanding pastoral care which is at the heart of everything we do.
We are proud of our incredibly inclusive environment that prioritises reaching out to all parents, including those that are hardest to reach. Our staff go the extra mile to ensuring pupils receive the best education. An example of this are staff who are providing after school nurture activities, which as a result enable pupils to develop positive learning behaviours.
Rapid changes over two years
Stimpson Avenue has undergone a rapid journey of change. In just two years we are proud of the achievements we have made. Just a few of these are:
- Enhancing our curriculum to ensure that it remains broad, rich, and aspirational.
- Improving the quality of our enrichment activities, to include basketball, dodgeball, football, and Nurture Clubs.
- Redeveloping the library space into a welcoming oasis.
- Utilising our ‘secret garden’ and outdoor hive as an additional learning space.
- Developing our school environment to ensure it is bright, engaging and showcases our pupils’ work.
- Improving pupils’ attitudes and learning behaviours to ensure all pupils are motivated, resilient, and challenged.
rWe are not there yet, and our wonderfully engaged staff are working hard to put systems in place despite our Covid-19 challenges. A good example of our focus is with our SEN provision; we have a new SENCO in post, who joined us in September 2020. Their role has had a significant impact on our provision for our SEN pupils, which we are incredibly proud of.
Our strong and strategic leadership team has unified the school to make these sweeping changes and meet the challenges of this unique setting. The leadership team promote an inclusive approach, valuing all stakeholders’ contributions to the journey of Stimpson Avenue Academy.
Luci Clapton, Head of School
Families whose children are joining us this September might enjoy this virtual tour of our EYFS area. Welook forward to meeting you all!